You must be verified in basic life support (or higher), automated (or manual) external defibrillator, medical gases (oxygen & Entonox), and have experience with evidence of this.
Our work is available all across the UK. We typically see more work in Newcastle, Leeds, Bradford, Manchester & London throughout peak event seasons (April-August, October-December), and we are continuing to expand further.
How to work for us
Send us an email to receive an electronic application form. This will need to be completed, in full, and returned by email, along with copies of your qualifications & CV.
All offers of work are subject to satisfactory receipt of an enhanced disclosure & barring service (DBS) certificate with adult & child barring list checks. If you have an existing ‘DBS Fee Charged’ certificate at this level on the Update Service, we can use this. If not, we can arrange for you to have a check undertaken (at your expense); you will need to add this to the Update Service, as we regularly undertake random checks within our workforce as part of our safer recruitment processes.
You will need to supply a copy of your full driving licence if you wish to be consider for driving positions. We will use a DVLA Check Code to confirm your category entitlements and look at any endorsements.
You must supply a copy of your in date passport, or other evidence that you have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We will obtain a personal reference from a referee who can vouch not only for your character but also your medical skills.
Important information for all applicants
- Work is supplied on an ad-hoc basis with a first-come-first-served approach, no minimum hours are to be agreed and you are termed to be bank staff; please note this is NOT a zero hour contract
- Professional Medical Ambulance Services Limited use self-employed sub-contractors for the vast majority of their event work, this means you are responsible for informing HM Revenue & Customs that you are self-employed; you would be responsible for all your own tax and national insurance contributions as necessary
- For event medical positions, you are responsible for supplying a fully-stocked, basic first aid kit to be used when working solo.
- You will also need to have your own plain hi-viz jacket, plain green trousers plus black safety boots; this is in line with HMRC guidelines for a self-employed individual
- All other specialist equipment such as an automated external defibrillator (AED), medical gasses, etc will be supplied by us
- Professional Medical Ambulance Services Limited are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age